Customize Your Operation
Combining extensive experience in agribusiness with the latest in reproductive solutions, the Animal Sciences team developed the innovative SimVitro™-branded platform for improving genetics and reproductive efficiency in dairy and beef cattle.
SimVitro embryos have a wide variety of applications, offering a versatile and economic solution for beef and dairy cattle producers
These embryos can help users:
- Change the economic value of the calf
- Improve pregnancy rates in stressed and repeat breeder cattle
- Change herd genetics in just one generation
- Provide a breeding solution for crossbred cows
- Reduce dystocia due to birth weight in heifers
- Break into new markets
- Better managed heifer inventories
- Discover solutions to out-perform dairy x beef crossbreds
Innovation in Action
To better understand how SimVitro™ embryos can help you, it is important to be familiar with the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process.
IVF is the method of fertilizing oocytes collected from donor cows with semen in a laboratory setting. Typically oocytes are collected from donor cows using ovum pick-up on cows in production.
The collected oocytes are then fertilized with superior semen in the laboratory. This process enables embryo production at an efficiency that had previously not been possible.